Sunday, May 3, 2015

Portabella Mushroom Pizza

I was really in the mood for pizza, but I also want to minimize the carbs in my life. So, I bought some portabella mushroom caps and decided the mushrooms would be my "crust." In my last post, I gave the recipe to make Garlic Marinara Sauce; I recommend using that sauce for these healthy pizzas.


Start with roasting the mushrooms in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit with Pam cooking spray for about 5 minutes, or until the caps are brown. Then take them out, add the sauce, sprinkle a little parmesan on each, and then add the cheese.



Serving Size: 2 Mushroom Pizzas. Weight Watchers Points Plus Per Serving: 5

Ingredients

  •  12 Servings Garlic Marinara Sauce
  •        8 Portabella Mushroom Caps (washed and dried)
  •        Pam Cooking Spray
  •       2 cups Fat Free Mozzarella
  •       2 Tblsp Parmesan Cheese 

Instructions

  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. After washing and drying the Portabella mushrooms, spray them with Pam on both sides and lay them flat (caps up) on a cookie sheet or roasting pan. Roast mushrooms for about 5-7 minutes, or until the caps are browned. Take mushrooms out. Flip mushrooms so caps are down. Add enough sauce on each so they are covered. Sprinkle Parmesan on each. Add 1/4 cup of FF mozzarella to each.  Reduce heat in oven to about 325. Place back in oven and roast for about 10 minutes; cheese will be melted and mushrooms will be releasing water.


No comments:

Post a Comment